Friday, July 10, 2015

Hill Country 2015 (Road trip to Hunt, TX resort)

Michael and I have wanted to go on a real vacay for years now. Yes, we've gone places together. The places we have gone have always been for a purpose though. Whether it be a reunion, wedding, work, visiting family, etc there has always been something that we had to do or we have been with other people. We also couldn't fully enjoy a vacation because I would have to be on the phone, checking e-mails, coordinating showings, closings, inspections, move-ins, move-outs, etc. I always said I would be completely happy doing that so long as I was on a beach or a boat haha Michael, on the other hand, hated the idea of me working while we were supposed to be on vacation together. One of my goals has been to get my business to a point where it can run without me when I want to go on vacation or take a few days off. FINALLY!!! It has happened.

When I was approved for a team, I had to have a full time administrator in place and could then have agents work on my team. Admin is in place, first agent signed up and I got my dad! My dad getting is license is beyond amazing. I could never fully trust someone else entirely with my clients and my business for any extended period of time. It would always be in the back of my mind and would drive me crazy. To have family there, put me at peace. I could really turn off for the 5 days we were gone. I checked in twice to make sure a few things had been done but other than that, I knew it was under control. Bliss!

Anyway, after my best month ever, we decided we deserved a few days away. We needed to stay in state in case a few things didn't go smoothly at work so we decided on Hill Country. It was supposed to be me and the guys(Michael, my dad and my brother)but my brother bailed then my dad decided he really wasn't feeling it and wanted me to have a real break so he decided not to go, too. The guys in my family do not consider a trip to the country a good time haha. The idea of being on top of a hill in our own Presidential Suite away from everything during storm season, couldn't have made me any happier! We found a beautiful resort with a spa, pool, restaurant, hiking trails and privacy.







We were driving there and decided to take our time and stop in some of the little towns we would be passing through. Before this trip, I couldn't wait to leave Texas at some point in my life. This trip made me fall in love with Texas. The beautiful hills, quaint towns, beautiful streams, rivers and lakes were not what I know Texas to be. One town we will be spending more time in is Marble Falls, TX. I fell in love just driving through. The town is positioned in the hills nestled in with all of the mature trees, streams and rivers. Restaurants, Starbucks, shopping and houses peak out from above the trees as you drive through the hills. It looks like the perfect little town. We also enjoyed Hico, TX and Fredericksburg, TX is another town we will be spending a lot more time in.





I didn't realize that Glen Rose was considered a part of Hill Country. Growing up, my parents took my brother and me to Glen Rose, TX every year. We would go to the state park, Fossil Rim, the river and the creation museum. We stayed at the same adorable cottage every year and ended up becoming friends with the owners who we saw when we would visited. Michael and I spent some time driving around Glen Rose and drove past the cottage my family used to stay at. It is crazy to think that Glen Rose is only an hour and half away from us here in DFW! When I was young, that drive seemed to take all day haha that just means there are a lot of little road trips in our future!




With all the little stops on the way, we got to the resort at night. So scary driving up a hill that is only lit up by the little solar powered spot lights! We made it! We had planned to take some day trips to other little towns and tourist spots we had found online. Once we got to our suite, we looked at each other and decided we weren't leaving haha ABSOLUTE PARADISE! We basically had an entire house, 1800 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, 3 different patios on the first floor and balcony on the second, outdoor kitchen and fireplace, laundry room, living room, dining room for 8 and 3 bathrooms with huge soaking tubs and showers you could put 10 people in(we didn't try this haha but it was discussed the first night LOL). We walked out our back doors to a view of the hills and little towns. The first night was perfect! As soon as we got into our suite a storm rolled in. We sat out on one of the patios and watched the storm. Thunder up there would last for minutes and lightning filled the sky, it was perfect! God was welcoming us to his country :)














The first morning we were there, we actually got up around 10am and decided to check out the resort grounds. Our view was even more spectacular during the day(lots of nature pictures coming, prepare yourself). They had some viewing stations set up around the resort that looked similar to hunting blinds but they weren't covered, they were probably about 20ft off the ground or so. We checked a few of those out and it was beautiful. After a couple hours exploring, we decided that we really did want be there as much as we could. We took a trip into town to get supplies for the next several days so we could hole up and spend time together in such a wonderful and relaxing place. Games, movies, nail polish(this one was just for me hehe), food, drinks, puzzles, etc. We stopped by a couple of Vineyards we had seen on our way in for a few bottles of wine and we headed back to the resort.










































We spent the next several days talking, sleeping, playing, doing puzzles, watching Game of Thrones and several movies. We made dinner together every night and BBQed one night out on the patio and outdoor kitchen. It was exactly what we both needed. I know how much I love him, but man, this trip really opened my eyes to how lucky I am. We spent 5 days straight looking at each other and driving around together and didn't fight or bicker once. We talked and never ran out of things to say and never felt awkward in silence. Even while on vacation he stills finds little ways to show me he's thinking about me. He spoiled me!



With recent disappoints in some friendships, this trip really showed me that he is my best friend and has been for the past 8 years. I don't need him in my life but I want him in my life. He had been warning me about certain friends for years but I thought oh you just don't like them. He and many of our friends kept their mouths shut and, for me, they put up with people until I saw what everyone had been warning me about. It's amazing how the one person you thought would be there is the person who hurts you and the people you really didn't see as best friends, always were and waited patiently for me see that. This trip allowed me time to get centered and really see who is a friend and showed me that my man is truly my #1 and always has been! We have an awesome partnership where we both put in 110%. We are both mature adults who pull our weight, one of use doesn't do everything while the other requires constant care. We are rockin' this relationship thing :)

The trip back was pretty uneventful. We did stop at a few touristy places that you will see in the pictures and stopped at one of the hundreds of peach stands. Peaches are the thing in Hill Country. That and Vineyards. If we weren't passing by a peach stand, it was a vineyard or goat farm or both haha. We missed our furbabies and wanted to get home so we stocked up on peaches and peach products(peach preserves are amazing, peach honey is just peaches and sugar blended together but still good, peach ice cream would be awesome if they left out the skin and peach cider is so refreshing when cold) and headed home!














No comments:

Post a Comment